From: Sanity in Anarchy <sanity@×××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] ReiserFS and the 2.4.16 kernel
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 19:40:30
1 The ReiserFS website says that the 2.4.16 and below kernels had problems that
2 were outside of ReiserFS but affected it, and that might be what caused the
3 corruption. I look at the sources area of the ftp site, and I find that there
4 are two patches in there for the 2.4.16 kernel. I like ReiserFS enough to
5 install on ext2, compile a new kernel, and then move the whole thing (all 5
6 partitions of it) over to ReiserFS. But most users will not want to do this,
7 and so I suggest you use the latest kernel in your next release -- or even add
8 a new build for the current release with the latest one. ReiserFS says it
9 needs at least 2.4.18.
10
11 Thanks for your help.
12