From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Copyright issues (Was: udev-ng?)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 18:50:54
1 On 19/11/2012 10:44, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > If Gentoo were trying to monetize/dual-license/etc then the benefits
3 > of airtight copyright assignments would be greater, as would be the
4 > benefit of telling anybody in the EU that their help simply isn't
5 > needed unless they can convince their parliaments to change their
6 > laws. As a community distro, however, we have a different set of
7 > priorities.
8
9 Sorry Rich, are you freaking kidding me? Europe would need to change
10 laws? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?
11
12 There's a very simple way to handle this and it doesn't require changing
13 laws that are perfectly fine for most people living in Europe, thank you
14 very much, and that's called a license agreement.
15
16 https://fsfe.org/activities/ftf/fla.en.html
17
18 I'm afraid that now I have to just do a Greg and suggest that before you
19 speak further, you talk to a lawyer. SFLC would probably answer your
20 questions for free, if not try asking FSFe, I know they have a legal
21 counsel office.
22
23 Or do you think that Sun/Oracle and Google refuse to get people working
24 on their project from Europe?
27 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
28 flameeyes@×××××××××.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/