From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] New QA policy: Packages must not disable installing manpages via USE flags
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 13:18:54
1 On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 8:35 AM Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Though I suspect *literally* using USE flags for this as-is might be
4 > the wrong approach, as that just causes user-side pollution :/
7 Maybe in some other situations this might be true, but as I mentioned
8 in my previous email, users who DO want to build their own manpages
9 wouldn't want to use the pregenerated ones. Also, packages that have
10 them need to know on the user side so that they can fetch them. So,
11 there is a relationship between packages that need to have manpages
12 pregenerated and the package manager.
15 Rich