From: Alexandre Buisse <nattfodd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Distrowatch
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 20:10:58
1 On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 20:56:51 +0100, Caleb Cushing wrote:
2
3 > > Perhaps they're more
4 > >interested in generating ad revenue from whipped-up scandals...
7 > or maybe they have a point. distrowatch hpd ranking show's us down from a
8 > few years ago we were
9 > 7 in '04
10 > 9 '05
11 > 10 '06
12 > 11-12 '07
13 > right now were 12 going up probably from all the sites saying negative
14 > things. funny sabayon a gentoo fork and overlay is in 8. I know these
15 > statistics aren't 100% accurate (given how they're generated) but maybe they
16 > mean something.
17
18 It probably also means that we are not the latest trendy distro with
19 bells and whistles everywhere.
20 But I don't think that basing anything on DW rankings is really a good
21 idea (and how can one rank a distribution anyway? we don't even know how
22 many users we have!)
23
24 /Alexandre
25 --
26 Hi, I'm a .signature virus! Please copy me in your ~/.signature.