From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Distrowatch
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 20:16:30
1 Alexandre Buisse wrote:
2 > On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 20:56:51 +0100, Caleb Cushing wrote:
3 >
4 >>> Perhaps they're more
5 >>> interested in generating ad revenue from whipped-up scandals...
6 >>
7 >> or maybe they have a point. distrowatch hpd ranking show's us down from a
8 >> few years ago we were
9 >> 7 in '04
10 >> 9 '05
11 >> 10 '06
12 >> 11-12 '07
13 >> right now were 12 going up probably from all the sites saying negative
14 >> things. funny sabayon a gentoo fork and overlay is in 8. I know these
15 >> statistics aren't 100% accurate (given how they're generated) but maybe they
16 >> mean something.
17 >
18 > It probably also means that we are not the latest trendy distro with
19 > bells and whistles everywhere.
20 > But I don't think that basing anything on DW rankings is really a good
21 > idea (and how can one rank a distribution anyway? we don't even know how
22 > many users we have!)
23 >
24 > /Alexandre
25
26 Why would your server or random user visit distrowatch any way?
27
28 Regards,
29 Petteri