From: Ben Lutgens <blutgens@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New ebuild for Mozilla 1.0rc2
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 09:26:16
1 On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 09:34:29PM -0700, Ryan Phillips wrote:
2 >
3 >I believe it is a bad idea to start including 'broken' ebuilds in portage.
4 >I don't believe it is professional. If something doesn't work, then it should
5 >be use-at-your-own-risk, which is why we have the masking feature.
6
7 But if you don't allow it to build the broken piece you still have a stable
8 piece of software. I fail to see how having the ebuild fail if the user
9 requests a broken part of it is "unprofessional".
10
11 Also, I'm of the opinion that anything security related should be elevated
12 on the priority list a wee bit.
15 Ben Lutgens | http://people.sistina.com/~blutgens/
16 System Administrator | http://www.sistina.com/
17 Sistina Software Inc. |
18
19 "I got a wife and kids too but you don't see me out here stealing Imperial
20 Droids now do ya?"