From: Ryan Phillips <rphillips@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New ebuild for Mozilla 1.0rc2
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 23:34:41
1 On Mon, 13 May 2002 18:44:51 -0500
2 "Ben Lutgens" <blutgens@×××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 06:41:35PM -0400, William McArthur wrote:
5 > >I was about to send a success email because it worked fine on the web
6 > >pages I tried but then when I clicked send in the mail compose window
7 > >nothing happened.
8 > >
9 > >That is a problem worthy of keeping it masked IMO.
10 >
11 > I tend to disagree as alot of people do not require mail support in mozilla.
12 >
13 > Couldn't it just be made to die if the use for mozilla mail support was
14 > enabled with the message that says "Mozilla mail support is broken in this
15 > rev. If you require mozilla mail support use $NON_BUSTED_VERSION"
18 I believe it is a bad idea to start including 'broken' ebuilds in portage.
19 I don't believe it is professional. If something doesn't work, then it should
20 be use-at-your-own-risk, which is why we have the masking feature.
21
22 ~ryan~