From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gnome/gtk app ebuilds
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 00:34:03
1 On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 12:42:14AM -0600, Craig Joly wrote:
2
3 > Can emerge handle symlinks ok, or should they be created in the
4 > src_install section of the ebuild file?
5
6 Symlinks are fine; you can create them like this:
7
8 ln -s /usr/bin/realfile ${D}/path/to/symlink
9
10 Or, if you prefer:
11
12 dosym /usr/bin/realfile /path/to/symlink
13
14 They should be created in src_install().
15
16 > I'll be busy over the next few days, but I'll try to get these updated
17 > by Monday. To hold you over until then, here are some very minor
18 > fixes to pcmcia-cs and ithought. Just fixes with dodoc.
19
20 OK; thanks for your good work. Try to catch me on irc when you have
21 some time and I'll set up a developer account for you.
22
23 Best Regards,
26 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
27 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org