From: Craig Joly <craig@×××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gnome/gtk app ebuilds
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 00:30:48
1 On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 10:07:10PM -0600, Daniel Robbins wrote:
2 > On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 09:28:19PM -0600, Craig Joly wrote:
3 > > Four new ebuilds:
4 > > SCREEM - a GNOME Site Creation and Editing EnvironMent
5 > > ithought - a web enabled outliner / diary using gtk+
6 > > gaby - GNOME or gtk+ personal database
7 > > feh - everybody's favorite (well mine anyway) image viewer, and it's
8 > > not gtk or gnome, just imlib2
9 >
10 > OK, another great set of ebuilds... thanks! A question. Have you personally
11 > verified that the "make DESTDIR=${D} install" override works perfectly for all
12 > of these ebuilds, by actually inspecting the install routines in the Makefiles?
13 > If so, then you're ready for a developer account.
14 >
15 You caught me. Out of the ebuilds I've made, I was positive about the
16 install routines in apmd, pcmcia and bbrun. I've checked the other
17 ones and feh, ithought, bbapm, bbmail, bbrun and toolbox all install
18 correctly.
19
20 Ben has done some serious modifications to my apmd ebuild, so I guess
21 that doesn't count. I should probably re-emerge that.
22
23 gaby and screem on the other hand, have a few problems. The nls files
24 don't follow DESTIR=${D}. gaby is creating several symlinks in
25 /PREFIX/bin/. SCREEM can't find it's help files. Oops.
26
27 Can emerge handle symlinks ok, or should they be created in the
28 src_install section of the ebuild file?
29
30 I'll be busy over the next few days, but I'll try to get these updated
31 by Monday. To hold you over until then, here are some very minor
32 fixes to pcmcia-cs and ithought. Just fixes with dodoc.
33
34 Craig

pcmcia-cs-3.1.27.ebuild text/plain
ithought-0.0.5.ebuild text/plain