From: "Alin Năstac" <mrness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: please stop using foo-${PV}-bar.patch in other ebuild versions than ${PV}
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 07:32:41
1 On 3/23/09 1:42 AM, Ryan Hill wrote:
2 > On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 01:19:26 +0100
3 > Alin Năstac <mrness@g.o> wrote:
6 >> Fine, then remove $PV from patch name and use it in any ebuild version
7 >> you want. Or just decouple the patch version from the ebuild version
8 >> (foo-bar-r1.patch sounds OK to me).
11 > No. It's done this way for a reason.
14 I saw your reason about wanting to know the package version for which
15 the patch was created and I cannot see any reason for knowing that other
16 than submitting the patch to upstream.
17 Somehow I doubt upstream is interested in patches for version x.y.1 when
18 the current version is x.y.10.