From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] openrc stabilization update
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 17:41:56
1 On Sunday, September 19, 2010 20:27:50 William Hubbs wrote:
2 > I suppose one question I need to ask is the oldnet vs newnet question.
3 > The git repository defaults to building and installing the newnet
4 > option, and we make oldnet the default in the ebuild.
5 >
6 > People migrating from stable will know the oldnet option, and this is
7 > the only way to configure the network scripts that is actually covered
8 > in our documentation.
9
10 this is going to be the default for stable (in other words, nothing is
11 changing). hashing out the future of the two is a separate topic.
12 -mike