From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New eclass: oasis.eclass for oasis-based ocaml packages.
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 16:59:38
1 On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 12:52 PM, Ciaran McCreesh
2 <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 12:50:51 -0400
4 > Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
5 >> use_if_iuse is called from functions in several eclasses already in
6 >> the tree. See chromium, kde4-base, qt4-build, and toolchain.
7 >>
8 >> Are all of these usages incorrect? Do you have an alternate solution?
9 >
10 > We had this discussion when the function was introduced, and we were
11 > assured that it "would only be used correctly"... The correct solution
12 > is probably to have ebuilds define a variable like "OASIS_WANT_DOCS",
13 > and to use that.
16 Ah. I'll have to review chromium.eclass then; I think I'm doing it wrong.