From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New eclass: oasis.eclass for oasis-based ocaml packages.
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 16:54:33
1 On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 12:50:51 -0400
2 Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
3 > use_if_iuse is called from functions in several eclasses already in
4 > the tree. See chromium, kde4-base, qt4-build, and toolchain.
5 >
6 > Are all of these usages incorrect? Do you have an alternate solution?
7
8 We had this discussion when the function was introduced, and we were
9 assured that it "would only be used correctly"... The correct solution
10 is probably to have ebuilds define a variable like "OASIS_WANT_DOCS",
11 and to use that.
14 Ciaran McCreesh