From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] adding a code of conduct
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 05:16:08
1 On Monday 03 April 2006 22:57, Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > Vapier wrote: [Mon Apr 03 2006, 04:38:48PM CDT]
3 >
4 > > i dont see how anyone can be against this (unless you're a terrorist!),
5 > > so this is on track to be integrated as-is into the dev handbook
6 > > Etiquette section
7 >
8 > Oh, one more probably useless comment: I would argue that the decision
9 > to enforce an etiquette guide that devs never really got to vote on has
10 > lead to a lot of grief in the past. Let's not repeat that, please? If
11 > we're going to enforce new doctrine it should perhaps have the
12 > imprimatur of the Council, since if people disagree then they can fire
13 > the folks who made the ultimate decision. (Of course, if there's
14 > general consensus, then that's not really necessary.)
15
16 the idea is that it's common sense and to need to vote on something like this
17 seems asinine
18
19 if devs are uncomfortable with common courtesy and need to be told by the
20 council in order for this to happen, so be it
21
22 hopefully devs will just "get it"
23 -mike
24 --