From: lnxg33k <lnxg33k@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] adding a code of conduct
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 05:26:42
1 Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > the idea is that it's common sense and to need to vote on something like this
3 > seems asinine
4 >
5 > if devs are uncomfortable with common courtesy and need to be told by the
6 > council in order for this to happen, so be it
7 >
8 > hopefully devs will just "get it"
9
10 Again, I'm just a user, but I think this whole thread touches on something a
11 bit deeper. The mere presence of something like this is evidence of that. If
12 people are taking the time to put something like this into policy (or
13 whatever), then the community really needs to be re-evaluated. If people need
14 to be told to "play nicely," then perhaps someone should give them a boot.
15 Granted, that is a little contradictory, but any qualifying of a relationship
16 (used very generally here) is going to turn that way.
17 --
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list