From: Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 42 news item for review: Radiant upgrade
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 21:11:28
1 Ciaran McCreesh napsal(a):
2 > On Sun, 6 May 2007 22:50:40 +0200
3 > expose@×××××××××××.net wrote:
4 >> It might be infinitely more, yet it still isnt worth anything for the
5 >> reasons already explained which you, I guess, have accidently
6 >> overlooked again. I bet your users wont like reading zillions of -
7 >> for gods sake - very very trivial news items for each and every
8 >> package that hits the tree or they upgrade or what so ever else.
9 >
10 > And they won't get zillions. Read the thread.
11
12 Sure they will gets zillions of them if everyone starts abusing this
13 feature the same way as you suggest. Imagine an average install w/ ~700
14 packages notifying users about config file changes and similar stuff.
15
16 >> And if your expierence shows they will do like this, just write all
17 >> the news items, and put them up your own repository, at let your
18 >> happy users read them from there.
19 >
20 > Also already been covered. Read the thread.
21
22 Haven't noticed either, maybe you could point us to where has this been
23 covered?
27 Best regards,
28
29 Jakub Moc
30 mailto:jakub@g.o
31 GPG signature:
32 http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCEBA3D9E
33 Primary key fingerprint: D2D7 933C 9BA1 C95B 2C95 B30F 8717 D5FD CEBA 3D9E
34
35 ... still no signature ;)