From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] more gnome-apps ebuild (and resend blufish ebuild)
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 07:02:42
1 Philippe Namias wrote:
5 > > There could be a workaround. If we make packages for the env-files and
6 > > add these env packages to the build/runtime dependencies of all gnome
7 > > packages the problems should be solved.
8 >
9 > I agree but how we deal with multiple instance of gnome or kde
10 > Example i installed kde 2.1 so i got /opt/kde2.1 so i need to link all my
11 > apps to kde 2.1 (not 2.0 or 2.1.1), for gnome we didn't have this problem as
12 > we install all in /opt/gnome.
13 > So shall we putt something like a KDE_VER in the env, so when we compile a
14 > package we look at the actual version of kde and installing package in that
15 > direcory?
16
17 Currently I use the version number for kde because they release all the
18 major packages under the same
19 release number. I found it comfortable using kde2 and kde2.1_beta2 by
20 using eighter "kde2" or "kde21" in
21 ~/.wm.
22
23 In other kde packages I used the $KDEDIR env variable (set by 90kde).
24 I think we should continue using the version number in the dir name but
25 maybe we can add a symlinj to /opt/kde2.
28 > > But all the dependencies of
29 > > packages not installing into /usr and depending on an environment coming
30 > > from one of the /etc/env.d/ files
31 > > (beside 00basic) must be updated.
32 >
33 > Should we also make the gnome env file available if we are installing just a
34 > gnome-base stuff (gnome-libs oaf) sometimes required by other application but
35 > without all the gnome stuff needed
38 Because gnome-libs and oaf depend on gnome-env the gnome-env file is
39 automatic available.
40
41 > Today they have released gnome-1.4 RC1:)
44 Should we wait for 1.4 final? (or 1.4.1 :-) )
45
46 achim~
50 > > > gentoo-dev mailing list
51 > > > gentoo-dev@g.o