From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Copyright assignment and ownership (again)
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 17:22:23
1 On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 18:18:27 +0100 Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 | > How about we recognise that individual ebuilds aren't worth anything
5 | > and that the tree *as a whole* should be copyrighted as a single
6 | > work?
7 | >
8 | > # This file is part of the Gentoo Portage tree, which is Copyright
9 | > (c) # 1999-2005 Gentoo Foundation, and distributed under the terms
10 | > of the # GNU GPL v2.
11 |
12 | Sounds good to me, but what about the patches in ${FILESDIR}?
13
14 They don't count. Ebuilds and eclasses do.
17 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, shell tools)
18 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
19 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm