From: Heinrich Wendel <lanius@g.o>
To: "Olivier Crête" <tester@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Glep 23 and glep 5
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 20:50:31
1 Am Thursday 18 March 2004 21:13 schrieb Olivier Crête:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I though the idea of glep 5 was to put in one place the stuff that
5 > doesn't change.. To simplify, not make it more complicated... with
6 > things for versions and flags and I dont know what, it becomes more
7 > complicated.. That said, I agree that this problem could not have been
8 > forseen when glep 5 was written, but the current content of both gleps
9 > are currently incompatible.
10
11 The idea was to put things where they belong to. Information about the package
12 belongs into metadata.xml, information howto install the package into the
13 ebuild.