From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] QA Team's role
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 18:22:09
1 On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 12:05:58 -0600 Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | Of course, that leaves the question of who decides on the severity of
4 | a QA violation?
5
6 All this talk of severity, and no talk of "ease of detection" or "ease
7 of fixing"...
8
9 Allow me to explain. There are certain not particularly high impact
10 issues that can very easily be detected, and with 100% reliability, by
11 The Thing About Which We Do Not Talk. Any individual one of these
12 doesn't look like such a big deal, but when we're talking a couple of
13 hundred instances, all of which can easily be fixed in less overall
14 time than it would take to even detect one instance of a particular
15 severe problem, it's most definitely worth concentrating on the 'easy'
16 issue.
19 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Wearer of the shiny hat)
20 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
21 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm