From: Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] More general interface to use flags
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 15:51:37
1 On Fri, 2007-11-02 at 11:38 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > wrong. the point of the discussion on the gentoo dev mailing list is to go
3 > over the exported API for *ebuilds*, not for the implementation. the
4 > implementation is already baked and really, Marijn shouldnt have sent it to
5 > the gentoo dev mailing list in the first place. your pointless POSIX
6 > conversions have no place in the discussion.
7
8 However, I notice that you have no problem discussing the implementation
9 of ebuild commits or are they special in some way?
10
11 My POSIX conversations encourage the use of POSIX over non portable bash
12 as that's something I try and encourage. And that is very pertinent to
13 -dev.
14
15 Thanks
16