From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: mgorny@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] tmpfiles: call for testers
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 00:15:57
1 On Wed, Nov 09, 2016 at 03:33:10PM +0100, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Tue, 8 Nov 2016 17:41:02 -0600
3 > William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > All,
6 > >
7 > > as part of bug 599044 [1], I have created a tmpfiles project which is a
8 > > standalone utility to handle systemd style tmpfiles.d files.
9 > >
10 > > There is currently a live ebuild in the tree, but I haven't done any
11 > > releases yet.
12 > >
13 > > Take a look at it, and anything about it is open for discussion at this
14 > > point.
15 > >
16 > > The name is a bit vague, but honestly I couldn't figure out a better
17 > > name. I don't really want openrc in the name, because this is meant to
18 > > be more generic than that; it is not meant to require OpenRC to run.
19 > > OpenRC will use it, but not the other way around.
20 >
21 > opentmpfiles? tmprc? :-D
22
23 Hmm, I don't know if you are being serious or just messing with me, but
24 if you are being serious I'll consider opentmpfiles. In a way that makes
25 sense because of openrc/openresolv/opentmpfiles.
26
27 If there are no objections I'll rename it.
30 William