From: "Harald van Dijk" <truedfx@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] LC_ALL=C Set by default for portage
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 20:30:16
1 On Sun, Mar 08, 2009 at 09:20:14PM +0100, Tomáš Chvátal wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > lately i see that in our bugzilla most of the build reports are reported with
4 > localized build logs which we dont understand. This leads to us asking the
5 > user to run the emerge once more with LC_ALL=C.
6 >
7 > Wont it be nice to have this variable set by default in portage so users
8 > reporting bugs report in English?
9
10 I can't speak for others, but I'd like to find and fix bugs with strange
11 locales, at least for the packages I maintain. If portage were to force
12 LC_ALL=C on me, I'd have a very hard time doing so.