From: "Tomáš Chvátal" <scarabeus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] LC_ALL=C Set by default for portage
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 20:20:34
1 Hi,
2 lately i see that in our bugzilla most of the build reports are reported with
3 localized build logs which we dont understand. This leads to us asking the
4 user to run the emerge once more with LC_ALL=C.
5
6 Wont it be nice to have this variable set by default in portage so users
7 reporting bugs report in English? Since if everything goes fine they dont even
8 bother about the warnings/errors and if something goes wrong it ends up on us
9 to solve the mess :]
10
11 The LC_ALL should be set for all relevant configure/compile/install phases at
12 least.
13
14 Regards
15 Tomas