From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] LC_ALL=C Set by default for portage
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 20:27:26
1 Hi,
2
3 > lately i see that in our bugzilla most of the build reports are
4 > reported with localized build logs which we dont understand. This
5 > leads to us asking the user to run the emerge once more with LC_ALL=C.
6 >
7 > Wont it be nice to have this variable set by default in portage so
8 > users reporting bugs report in English? Since if everything goes fine
9 > they dont even bother about the warnings/errors and if something goes
10 > wrong it ends up on us to solve the mess :]
13 Moreover this would automagically solve the [a-z] & friends regexp
14 failures; though that's still good QA to fix them but we wouldn't
15 encounter them anymore.
16
17 Alexis.