From: "Harald van Dijk" <truedfx@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] LC_ALL=C Set by default for portage
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 20:36:24
1 On Sun, Mar 08, 2009 at 09:27:20PM +0100, Alexis Ballier wrote:
2 > Moreover this would automagically solve the [a-z] & friends regexp
3 > failures; though that's still good QA to fix them but we wouldn't
4 > encounter them anymore.
5
6 We would encounter them when using the programs outside of portage, but
7 not when running the testsuite (if available) from within portage. It
8 would succeed in working around compile-time only bugs, but it would be
9 a major pain for locale bugs that can also cause problems at run time.