From: "Paul B. Henson" <henson@×××.org>
To: Georgy Yakovlev <gyakovlev@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: dev-java/oracle-{jre,jdk}-bin
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2019 22:19:36
1 On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 07:44:53PM -0700, Georgy Yakovlev wrote:
2
3 > I've modified the mask for now, but I still believe we should drop it.
4 > I do not maintain it at all, I only work on openjdk and a bit of icedtea.
5
6 Speaking of openjdk, all versions are masked and the ebuilds contain:
7
8 if use gentoo-vm ; then
9 ewarn "WARNING! You have enabled the gentoo-vm USE flag, making this JDK"
10 ewarn "recognised by the system. This will almost certainly break things."
11 else
12
13 When will openjdk be a viable vm? As you say, the Oracle license is screwy
14 now, and icedtea isn't really current.
15
16 Thanks...