From: Tomasz Mloduchowski <mlodutb@×××.EDU>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rm `which gcc` && emerge -e world
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 14:06:46
1 On Sat, 2005-10-22 at 00:48 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote
2 > we are already playing with doing this in the wrapper itself so that
3 > compilation is transparent
4 >
5 > i'd wager to say the majority of packages in portage run `gcc` and `g++`
6 > rather than ${CTARGET}-gcc
7 So far, only 10% if packages failed for that reason. Things running
8 autotools should be safe. Problmes start when someone uses homebrew
9 makefile generators like qmake or Kbuild
10
11 Altough geoman raised a valid point with separate distcc server, I'm
12 glad something is being done to fix this issue.
13
14 Tomasz