From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rm `which gcc` && emerge -e world
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 14:26:12
1 On Saturday 22 October 2005 16:02, Tomasz Mloduchowski wrote:
2 > Things running autotools should be safe.
3 *If* autotools are new enough. Things like nfs-utils are not safe.
4 I fixed a couple of them when I was trying eselect compiler because of a bug
5 in it that caused me not to have gcc anymore.
6
7 > Problmes start when someone uses homebrew
8 > makefile generators like qmake or Kbuild
9 That is usually quite simple to fix actually. alsa-driver for example is safe
10 from that point of view (same problem as before with eselect compiler, so I
11 fixed it "the hard way").
14 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
15 Gentoo/ALT lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE