From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Dying on some CFLAGS instead of filtering them.
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 11:59:37
1 On 7/9/06, Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > Basically, if you're using daft CFLAGS you're on your own. Some ebuilds
3 > might filter them, some ebuilds might die and some ebuilds might let
4 > them through. Developers are under no obligation to add code to save
5 > users from their own stupidity, but they might do so if you ask nicely.
6
7 Please re-read all the words in the previous messages. What I would
8 like to discuss is not about helping users, but about making our job
9 easier.
10
11 Denis.
12 --