From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Dying on some CFLAGS instead of filtering them.
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 14:06:32
1 On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 13:54:52 +0200 "Denis Dupeyron"
2 <calchan@g.o> wrote:
3 | On 7/9/06, Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
4 | > Basically, if you're using daft CFLAGS you're on your own. Some
5 | > ebuilds might filter them, some ebuilds might die and some ebuilds
6 | > might let them through. Developers are under no obligation to add
7 | > code to save users from their own stupidity, but they might do so
8 | > if you ask nicely.
9 |
10 | Please re-read all the words in the previous messages. What I would
11 | like to discuss is not about helping users, but about making our job
12 | easier.
13
14 If you want your job to be easier, just INVALID any bug that comes in
15 with daft CFLAGS...
18 Ciaran McCreesh
19 Mail : ciaran dot mccreesh at blueyonder.co.uk
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list