From: Thilo Bangert <thilo.bangert@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] make install suggestion/question
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 18:21:57
1 hi aaron,
2
3 Am Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2001 09:02 schrieben Sie:
4 > I have question/suggestion. Is it really necessary to put mozilla,
5 > gnome and others in /opt? I know it keeps it a bit more organzed and
6 > such, but it really makes it a pain when compiling things. Some
7 > programs, despite what they're told to use via the configure script
8 > insist on using includes from /usr/include instead of
9 > /opt/gnome/include. If not changing it, at least provide sympolic
10 > links or something (ie ln -s /usr/gnome/include/* /usr/include/ ). I
11 > think it would solve quite a few problems.
14 if i remember correctly does the Linux Standard Base define to put
15 gnome, kde etc in /opt - so your "things" configure scripts/Makefiles
16 should be adjusted to look there too/first.
17
18 > -Aaron
19
20 greetings