From: Weeve <weeve@g.o>
To: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] ANNOUNCEMENT: metadata.xml files can be created
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 19:00:39
1 On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2
3 > On Wednesday 02 July 2003 20:26, Weeve wrote:
4 > >
5 > > OK cool. Now for the next question. If I add a metadata.xml file to a
6 > > package I maintain, leaving the herd as no-herd (using skel.metadata.xml
7 > > as a template), does this cause anything to break?
8 >
9 > It currently does not break anything, but it is not supposed to contain
10 > no-herd. I think though that it containing no-herd is better than it
11 > containing an empty tag. Basically the herd needs to be assigned.
12
13 So what we need(ed) to do first is/was come up with the herds before we
14 start asking package maintainers to add metadata.xml files to their
15 packages?
18 Weeve
19 Gentoo/Sparc Team Lead
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list