From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] ANNOUNCEMENT: metadata.xml files can be created
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 20:44:55
1 On Wednesday 02 July 2003 21:00, Weeve wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
3 > > On Wednesday 02 July 2003 20:26, Weeve wrote:
4 > > > OK cool. Now for the next question. If I add a metadata.xml file to a
5 > > > package I maintain, leaving the herd as no-herd (using
6 > > > skel.metadata.xml as a template), does this cause anything to break?
7 > >
8 > > It currently does not break anything, but it is not supposed to contain
9 > > no-herd. I think though that it containing no-herd is better than it
10 > > containing an empty tag. Basically the herd needs to be assigned.
11 >
12 > So what we need(ed) to do first is/was come up with the herds before we
13 > start asking package maintainers to add metadata.xml files to their
14 > packages?
15
16 I think that for now it is ok that if you really don't know which herd would
17 be appropriate that you leave no-herd, and just assign a maintainer.
18
19 Paul
22 Paul de Vrieze
23 Researcher