From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new herd: vdr
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 17:21:18
1 On Wed, 2006-05-17 at 18:22 +0200, Matthias Schwarzott wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > I propose the creation of a new herd - "vdr".
5 >
6 > It will combine the program media-video/vdr, its plugins (87 plugins now in
7 > portage under media-plugins), some programs and some supplementary ebuilds
8 > (scripts ...).
9
10 You are not going to propose to start moving stuff around next are you?
11
12 > Most of the ebuilds are at the moment member of media-tv herd.
13
14 Whats wrong with the existing herd?
15
16 > At the beginning hd_brummy and I are going to care about this herd.
17 > If there are other developers out there who want to help, please let us know.
21 > VDR is an app for watching and recording digital television (dvb/atsc). It can
22 > be extended with plugins to not only support dvb input and hardware mpeg2
23 > output.
24
25 media-tv seems like the right place.
26
27 > vdr supports hardware-wakeup for recording timers, remotes with lirc, OSD,
28 > teletext/subtitles, EPG (electronic program guide) with various different
29 > views, burning dvds from recordings, some OSD games, viewing divx files,
30 > listening mp3s ...
31 > There are addons to scan for advertisments after a recording ....
34 > http://www.linuxtv.org/vdrwiki/index.php/Main_Page
35 >
36 > Matthias
37 >