From: Luke-Jr <luke-jr@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE="acl" in profiles
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:49:12
1 On Wednesday 22 September 2004 5:33 pm, Robert Moss wrote:
2 > >>Glad your able to save a few cpu cycles and QA becomes much cleaner and
3 > >>simpler for/by default.
4 > >
5 > > Definitely. In fact, I had tried to remove the acl/attr packages at one
6 > > point and it broke things like "ls", so needless to say I was a bit
7 > > miffed. My current stance on the LiveCD is any byte saved is one less
8 > > byte wasted on the mirrors.
9 >
10 > Just a note on this. Unpack a stage3 tarball. "emerge ufed". Set your
11 > USE flags, noting that acl isn't really very useful anyway and dropping
12 > it. Do an "emerge depclean". Watch your stage3 eat itself alive.
13 >
14 > And yes, I have done this loooooads of times, and had to retrieve
15 > libacl.so and libattr.so from the LiveCD.
16 Good thing they were on the LiveCD...
17 Maybe someone should fix depclean to check what was in USE at emerge-time
18 instead of the current USE?
19 --
20 Luke-Jr
21 Developer, Utopios