From: Robert Moss <robmoss@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE="acl" in profiles
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:32:41
1 >>Glad your able to save a few cpu cycles and QA becomes much cleaner and
2 >>simpler for/by default.
5 > Definitely. In fact, I had tried to remove the acl/attr packages at one
6 > point and it broke things like "ls", so needless to say I was a bit
7 > miffed. My current stance on the LiveCD is any byte saved is one less
8 > byte wasted on the mirrors.
9
10 Just a note on this. Unpack a stage3 tarball. "emerge ufed". Set your
11 USE flags, noting that acl isn't really very useful anyway and dropping
12 it. Do an "emerge depclean". Watch your stage3 eat itself alive.
13
14 And yes, I have done this loooooads of times, and had to retrieve
15 libacl.so and libattr.so from the LiveCD.
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list