From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE="acl" in profiles
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:56:33
1 On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 13:33, Robert Moss wrote:
2 > Just a note on this. Unpack a stage3 tarball. "emerge ufed". Set your
3 > USE flags, noting that acl isn't really very useful anyway and dropping
4 > it. Do an "emerge depclean". Watch your stage3 eat itself alive.
5 >
6 > And yes, I have done this loooooads of times, and had to retrieve
7 > libacl.so and libattr.so from the LiveCD.
8
9 Thanks for your experiences with USE=acl. I've removed it from the
10 2004.3 profile for x86, and hope the other arches follow suit. 2004.3
11 now won't eat itself when you "emerge depclean"... or at least, not
12 because of this.
13
14 *grin*
17 Chris Gianelloni
18 Release Engineering - Operations/QA Manager
19 Games - Developer
20 Gentoo Linux
21
22 Is your power animal a penguin?