From: Thomas Matthijs <axxo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE="acl" in profiles
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:50:02
1 * Robert Moss (robmoss@g.o) wrote:
2 > >>Glad your able to save a few cpu cycles and QA becomes much cleaner and
3 > >>simpler for/by default.
6 > >Definitely. In fact, I had tried to remove the acl/attr packages at one
7 > >point and it broke things like "ls", so needless to say I was a bit
8 > >miffed. My current stance on the LiveCD is any byte saved is one less
9 > >byte wasted on the mirrors.
10 >
11 > Just a note on this. Unpack a stage3 tarball. "emerge ufed". Set your
12 > USE flags, noting that acl isn't really very useful anyway and dropping
13 > it. Do an "emerge depclean". Watch your stage3 eat itself alive.
14 >
15 > And yes, I have done this loooooads of times, and had to retrieve
16 > libacl.so and libattr.so from the LiveCD.
17
18 acl isn't even on by default, so you don't have to remove it accidently
19 just unpacking a stage3 and running depclean will break it
22 Thomas Matthijs (axxo,knu,keanu)
23 jabber: axxo[at]amessage[dot]be
24 GPG Key-ID: 0x682A3231
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list