From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: solar@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE="acl" in profiles
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 21:24:23
1 On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 16:59, Ned Ludd wrote:
2 > Hey man.. :-)
3 >
4 > I hope you didn't misinterpret the last mail as any sort of attack on or
5 > towards you. The RE: to you was just as good as anybody in my minds eye.
6
7 I didn't think that was an attack at all. I was trying to be a little
8 humorous, since I was pretty much for the removal all along and you went
9 into this pretty long, but quite informative spiel on the evils of
10 USE=acl.
11
12 > Glad your able to save a few cpu cycles and QA becomes much cleaner and
13 > simpler for/by default.
14
15 Definitely. In fact, I had tried to remove the acl/attr packages at one
16 point and it broke things like "ls", so needless to say I was a bit
17 miffed. My current stance on the LiveCD is any byte saved is one less
18 byte wasted on the mirrors.
19
20 > -peace
21
22 Ditto...
25 Chris Gianelloni
26 Release Engineering - Operations/QA Manager
27 Games - Developer
28 Gentoo Linux
29
30 Is your power animal a penguin?