From: Lina Pezzella <j4rg0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Dynamic SLOTs
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 01:45:21
1 Jason Stubbs wrote:
2
3 >On Thursday 05 August 2004 05:11, Aron Griffis wrote:
6 >>Jason Stubbs wrote: [Wed Aug 04 2004, 10:28:04AM EDT]
10 >>>4. Fix ebuilds so that they link against ${ROOT} rather than assuming
11 >>>"/".
12 >>>
13 >>>
14 >>This sounds Really Hard.
15 >>
16 >>How about devising a method to chroot to ${ROOT} for src_compile when
17 >>[[ ${ROOT} != / ]]. I know this would require some work, but it just
18 >>might be less work than fixing the ebuilds to link against ${ROOT},
19 >>which sounds extremely tedious and error-prone.
23 >That would require getting the immediate build deps and the deep runtime build
24 >deps copied into a temporary directory within $ROOT at the start of every
25 >emerge. It would also require every ebuild to be updated so that all deps,
26 >including those in system, are listed.
27 >
28 >That sounds just as error-prone as fixing the ebuilds to me. However, fixing
29 >the ebuilds has another benefit. Down the line it will help in being able to
30 >install stuff into ${HOME}.
31 >
32 >Regards,
33 >Jason Stubbs
34 >
35 >--
36 >gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
40 Yes, it does sound just as error-prone as fixing the ebuilds, however
41 chrooting would fix the macos .a library (needs ranlib run on the
42 livefs, or something pretending to be the livefs) problem.
43
44 --j4rg0n && gongloo
47 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list