From: Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Missing: Universal-CD - Gentoo discriminates shell and networkless users
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 08:41:14
1 Dominique Michel wrote:
2 > When an user or a potential user read it and want to do a networkless install,
3 > it will just use the Live CD install, and just get in trouble. It is even worse
4 > when many Linux magazines will have this CD. And you cannot argue at it is just
5 > to use catalyst or to burn a CD from a stage 3, when the doc say "a bootable CD
6 > that contains everything you need to get Gentoo Linux up and running."
7
8 That statement is still true. I have done 3 networkless installations
9 for this release, without a problem. I used the installer. Using it you
10 get your box up and running fast and convenient, so what exactly is the
11 problem? It's not like you can't get Gentoo running without a network
12 connection anymore.
15 Kind Regards,
16
17 Simon Stelling