From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Making user patches globally available
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 18:42:56
1 On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 11:01 AM, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
2 >>>>>> On Fri, 27 Apr 2012, Zac Medico wrote:
3 >
4 >> Since we've managed to survive up to this point without such a
5 >> feature, I think it's worth the wait roll it into EAPI 5 and have a
6 >> clean solution that doesn't rely on package manager interaction with
7 >> eclasses. If we quickly draft an EAPI 5 spec, there's still have
8 >> time to have it approved at the next council meeting.
9 >
10 > Did I get it right, you are thinking about a special EAPI only for
11 > user patches? I'd say that the feature is not important enough to
12 > justify that.
13
14 Release early and often :)
17 > Ulrich