From: George Prowse <cokehabit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: gentoo-dev vs lkml?
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 14:57:17
1 Stephen Becker wrote:
2 >
3 > > And if said employee had already pulled several "I'm resigning"
4 > > publicity stunts in the past? And if said employee had seen other
5 > > people trying the same thing unsuccessfully?
6 > >
7 > Then you deal with them at such a time as they appear, you do not
8 > let 2
9 > employees go when everyone's integrity could have been kept with just
10 > the one leaving - therein lies the skill in 'people skills'
13 > Seeing as you guys are discussing me, I suppose I should correct the
14 > flawed thinking so you can actually get something right. Your logic
15 > is completely flawed because it assumes that my reaction would have
16 > been any different if I didn't have some sort of shiny "gentoo
17 > developer" tag associated with me. I would still have told Diego
18 > exactly how I felt about unreasonably abusing an arch team member who
19 > was simply trying to do his job had I been a developer or not. So
20 > seriously, stop assuming my impending retirement had anything to do
21 > with this. I would still react loudly to folks pulling a similar
22 > stunt now that I *am* retired.
23 >
24 > -Steve
25 That is immaterial, no-one is discussing what you or Diego did before
26 the situation came up
27 --
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list