From: Stephen Becker <spbecker@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: gentoo-dev vs lkml?
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 13:33:02
2 > > And if said employee had already pulled several "I'm resigning"
3 > > publicity stunts in the past? And if said employee had seen other
4 > > people trying the same thing unsuccessfully?
5 > >
6 > Then you deal with them at such a time as they appear, you do not let 2
7 > employees go when everyone's integrity could have been kept with just
8 > the one leaving - therein lies the skill in 'people skills'
11 Seeing as you guys are discussing me, I suppose I should correct the flawed
12 thinking so you can actually get something right. Your logic is completely
13 flawed because it assumes that my reaction would have been any different if
14 I didn't have some sort of shiny "gentoo developer" tag associated with me.
15 I would still have told Diego exactly how I felt about unreasonably abusing
16 an arch team member who was simply trying to do his job had I been a
17 developer or not. So seriously, stop assuming my impending retirement had
18 anything to do with this. I would still react loudly to folks pulling a
19 similar stunt now that I *am* retired.
20
21 -Steve