From: George Prowse <cokehabit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: gentoo-dev vs lkml?
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 13:08:50
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 01:30:11 +0000 George Prowse <cokehabit@×××××.com>
3 > wrote:
4 >
5 >>> I'd rather make it known that that sort of backhanded tactics to
6 >>> get rid of someone you don't like won't work whoever uses them.
7 >>>
8 >>>
9 >> You would certainly make that point. then let the other employee
10 >> leave and let the employee in question know that it will not be
11 >> tolerated in the future. Therefore saving the services of one of the
12 >> best employees (and with it money) and also said employee
13 >> knows /exactly/ where he stands for the future.
16 > And if said employee had already pulled several "I'm resigning"
17 > publicity stunts in the past? And if said employee had seen other
18 > people trying the same thing unsuccessfully?
19 >
20 Then you deal with them at such a time as they appear, you do not let 2
21 employees go when everyone's integrity could have been kept with just
22 the one leaving - therein lies the skill in 'people skills'
23 > I think you're missing a clear view of the facts here...
24 >
25 > Incidentally, I'm unsure as to how your analogy applies here. You keep
26 > mentioning 'best employee'. I'm not sure how that fits in.
27 If i remember, I said "one of" and also (if i remember correctly)
28 flameeyes happened to be head of two herds, a member of the council, had
29 more cia commits than any developer and was one of THE most respected
30 developers in the whole of Gentoo.
31 --
32 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list