From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: gentoo-dev vs lkml?
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 02:18:39
1 On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 01:30:11 +0000 George Prowse <cokehabit@×××××.com>
2 wrote:
3 > > I'd rather make it known that that sort of backhanded tactics to
4 > > get rid of someone you don't like won't work whoever uses them.
5 > >
6 > You would certainly make that point. then let the other employee
7 > leave and let the employee in question know that it will not be
8 > tolerated in the future. Therefore saving the services of one of the
9 > best employees (and with it money) and also said employee
10 > knows /exactly/ where he stands for the future.
11
12 And if said employee had already pulled several "I'm resigning"
13 publicity stunts in the past? And if said employee had seen other
14 people trying the same thing unsuccessfully?
15
16 I think you're missing a clear view of the facts here...
17
18 Incidentally, I'm unsure as to how your analogy applies here. You keep
19 mentioning 'best employee'. I'm not sure how that fits in.
22 Ciaran McCreesh
23 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
24 Web : http://ciaranm.org/
25 Paludis, the secure package manager : http://paludis.pioto.org/