From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] mercurial.eclass: change clone destination
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2010 02:32:31
1 On 10:22 Sat 06 Nov , Krzysztof Pawlik wrote:
2 > I'm sending this patch for discussion, what it changes? The change is
3 > to where the final clone of repository will be placed, it used to be
4 > ${WORKDIR}/${module} (where module usually is the last component of
5 > source URI) to ${WORKDIR}/${P} (essentially ${S}). This has few
6 > effects:
7 > - ebuilds using mercurial.eclass don't need to set S any longer
8 > - mercurial.eclass behaves more like git.eclass
9 > - it breaks all existing ebuilds using this eclass
10 >
11 > The last effect is really, really nasty :( At the same time I think
12 > it's worth fixing this now, not when we have even more ebuilds using
13 > mercurial.eclass. Thankfully the fix to this is trivial: just remove
14 > the line where S is being set (or adjust it to match as is in case of
15 > one ebuild in the tree).
16
17 Krzysztof,
18
19 I see you've said you're breaking all these ebuilds but I don't see any
20 rationale for the change, at least in this email. Perhaps you could
21 explain why this level of breakage is necessary?
24 Thanks,
25 Donnie
26
27 Donnie Berkholz