From: Doug Klima <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] subversion.eclass
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 21:38:30
1 Doug Klima wrote:
2 > Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
3 >> For quite a while the KDE herd has had a modified version of
4 >> subversion.eclass in the kde overlay. During that time we have added
5 >> the following features to the eclass which we would like to put back
6 >> in gentoo-x86 soon. Since the changes are fairly extensive we decided
7 >> to send it to this list for review first.
8 >>
9 >> 1) ESVN_REVISION (before this people had to use ESVN_OPTIONS for this
10 >> purpose).
11 >> 2) ESVN_OFFLINE which disables svn up.
12 >> 3) ESVN_UP_FREQ which uses GNU find to determine if the specified
13 >> number of hours has passed and only do svn up if it has. This is
14 >> currently used in the kde4svn-meta eclass for split kde ebuilds that
15 >> use the same checkout of each module.
16 >> 4) ESCM_LOGDIR for logging which revisions packages get installed
17 >> with. See [1]. Users need to explicitly enable this feature to use it.
18 >>
19 >> Other than this the eclass has been documented for use with
20 >> eclass-manpages.
21 >>
22 >> [1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/54233
25 > ok. Well zlin and I have been talking lately and we've hammered out
26 > his proposed changes and mine. I'm attaching a patch for the first set
27 > of changes I have proposed.
28 >
29 > Attached is a patch for the following:
30 > - use $ECLASS
31 > - adding rsync to deps
32 > - fixing some quoting
33 > - remove multiple subshell calls and problematic to upper usage (bug
34 > #s escape me right now)
35 > - provide some more information about the working copy that will be
36 > used in the future.
37 > - supporting svn switch
38 >
39 > The most important being the svn switch functionality.
40 >
41 > Please review for commit.
42 And the eclass-manpages documentation broken out into it's own patch.
43
44 Please review for commit.

subversion-manpage-02.patch text/x-patch