From: Doug Klima <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] subversion.eclass
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 16:10:39
1 Doug Klima wrote:
2 > Doug Klima wrote:
3 >> Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
4 >>> For quite a while the KDE herd has had a modified version of
5 >>> subversion.eclass in the kde overlay. During that time we have added
6 >>> the following features to the eclass which we would like to put back
7 >>> in gentoo-x86 soon. Since the changes are fairly extensive we
8 >>> decided to send it to this list for review first.
9 >>>
10 >>> 1) ESVN_REVISION (before this people had to use ESVN_OPTIONS for
11 >>> this purpose).
12 >>> 2) ESVN_OFFLINE which disables svn up.
13 >>> 3) ESVN_UP_FREQ which uses GNU find to determine if the specified
14 >>> number of hours has passed and only do svn up if it has. This is
15 >>> currently used in the kde4svn-meta eclass for split kde ebuilds that
16 >>> use the same checkout of each module.
17 >>> 4) ESCM_LOGDIR for logging which revisions packages get installed
18 >>> with. See [1]. Users need to explicitly enable this feature to use it.
19 >>>
20 >>> Other than this the eclass has been documented for use with
21 >>> eclass-manpages.
22 >>>
23 >>> [1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/54233
24 >>>
25 >>>
26 >> ok. Well zlin and I have been talking lately and we've hammered out
27 >> his proposed changes and mine. I'm attaching a patch for the first
28 >> set of changes I have proposed.
29 >>
30 >> Attached is a patch for the following:
31 >> - use $ECLASS
32 >> - adding rsync to deps
33 >> - fixing some quoting
34 >> - remove multiple subshell calls and problematic to upper usage (bug
35 >> #s escape me right now)
36 >> - provide some more information about the working copy that will be
37 >> used in the future.
38 >> - supporting svn switch
39 >>
40 >> The most important being the svn switch functionality.
41 >>
42 >> Please review for commit.
43 > And the eclass-manpages documentation broken out into it's own patch.
44 >
45 > Please review for commit.
46 Here's a patch that implements the ESVN_REVISION variable. It finally
47 removes all the problematic to_upper usage. It builds off the previous
48 patches that make the official way for an ebuild to pass the revision it
49 wants via the ESVN_REPO_URI. It ewarn's if an ebuild tries to stick a
50 revision into ESVN_OPTIONS. It prints out the revision that it's going
51 to be pulling. This was the issue I had with zlin's original patch since
52 it would break for the MythTV ebuilds since we request the revision in
53 the ebuild.

subversion-revision-03.patch text/x-patch